Anker PowerHouse II 400
- Reinforced structure resists wear and tear
- Comes with a large LED display with an intuitive interface
- Appealing design
- Delivers maximum charging efficiency during solar charging
- Just a few solar panels compatible with charging input (7.9mm)
Portable power stations are perfect for power outages, extensive camping trips, and whenever you demand ample power on the go. Owning an Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power station is a smart investment whether you intend to go on a trip or live in a region with frequent blackouts.
It is significant to buy a quality power station from an acclaimed brand. Anker is one such brand with a huge inventory of exceptional products. The Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power stations are efficient, deliver a stable power supply, and can charge several mobile devices simultaneously. These units hold adequate power, versatility, and portability to deal with any challenge. Thanks to their compact dimensions, they are easy to carry around anywhere. End up with the powerhouse II 400 meeting your needs with the following Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power station review.
Anker PowerHouse II 400 Portable Power Station
Are you looking for a durable yet lightweight power station that can deliver efficient charge output? If yes then look no further in this Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power station review. PowerHouse II 400 is easy to carry around anywhere owing to its compact size. You can store it in a home or use it as an emergency backup power in a blackout. All 8 corners are reinforced to protect against wear and tear.
You can choose anyone from multiple approaches available to charge your devices. You can charge it via a 110V/300W AC outlet or 60W USB-C power delivery and use it as a solar generator. When used as a solar generator, you will not face troubles on how to charge your devices while traveling or in emergencies.
Stay updated on the information like current input and output, residual battery power, and approximate time left to fully recharge the battery. You can control the brightness of the built-in flashlight or use it in SOS modes. Get soothing light output on the LED light bar. Different types of cables included are a USB-A to USB-C cable, car port to DC cable, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- It can power different types of devices with a rating of less than 300W.
- The 388Wh capacity delivers multiple charges to virtually charge any mobile device.
- This power station can charge a MacBook Air (2020) 5 times, an iPhone 11 for 23 times, an iPad Air 11 times, or a camera 20+ times.
- Various mechanisms for charging it supports are a 60W USB-C port, a 300W AC outlet, 3 USB-A ports, 2 DC ports, and a car socket. With any of these ports, you can charge 8 devices concurrently.
- 60W PowerIQ 3.0 USB-C port supports high-speed charging. So, it can charge a MacBook Air 2020 to 50% capacity in 40 minutes.
- Built-in AC wall outlet utilizes a pure sine wave inverter to make sure the power output is efficient just like you receive at home.
- Electrical and audible noise is less when devices connected are lights, speakers, fans, and TVs.
- This power station is compatible with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) to deliver high efficiency during solar charging.
- When a solar panel is connected to the DC input port, the power station can recharge up to 65W.
FAQs When Picking Anker Powerhouse II 400 Portable Power Station
1. Can all the ports be used at the same time as it’s charging?
Yes, all ports can be used at the same time when Anker powerhouse II 400 is charging from the wall plug.
2. Any solar charger can charge the Anker powerhouse II 400?
Any (12V-28V) solar charger with DC 7909 Male connector can charge the Powerhouse II 400 portable power station. No limitation for the current since this device will adapt to it automatically. Recharging will be faster at higher power (support maximum 65W solar charging). It is recommend to purchase a 100W solar charger with DC 7909 Male connector to charge the Powerhouse for full charging speed as the actual output wattage will be lower than the rated wattage due to light intensity.
3. Will Anker powerhouse II 400 lose charge automatically if we do not turn off the button?
When any of the control buttons are turned on, even if no devices are being charged, there will still be a certain amount of no-load power consumption. Please turn off the button when you do not use the Anker Powerhouse II 400.
4. How to store the Powerhouse if we do not use the Anker Powerhouse II 400 for a long period?
To extend the battery’s life:
- Please charge up the Powerhouse around 75%, turn off all output button.
- Discharge and recharge it at least once every 6-7 months.
- Place the battery in a well-ventilated, dry place, away from moisture and high temperatures.
Notes When Using Anker Powerhouse II 400
- When any of the control buttons are turned on, even if no devices are being charged, there will still be a certain amount of no-load power consumption. Therefore, it’s recommended to turn off the control buttons after using them to avoid draining power.
- Use a solar charger with a 7.9 mm x 0.9 mm DC port.
- The max power output of the AC port is 300W. If you use the AC port for devices greater than 300W, PowerHouse will automatically turn off.
- 108,000mAh is the total nominal rated capacity of the internal battery cells.
- PowerHouse recharges via the DC and USB-C ports simultaneously until it reaches 81%, then the USB-C port automatically switches off and DC charging continues.
- If you feel that the battery drains fast when used for the first time, it is because the display information of the remaining power is inaccurate when the product is activated for the first time. The power remaining will automatically calibrate by discharging the battery to 1% and then recharging it to 100%.
Anker not only pays attention to performance, but also puts effort into the appearance of the product. The overall design of Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power station is black, and the front With a light blue brand color, it looks solemn and not monotonous.
In general, Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power station is very suitable for short-distance travel. When going out camping on weekends or holidays, you can travel with this powerhouse II 400 portable power station weighing about 5kg. Even girls can easily take it out of the car as it is very portable. After arriving at the destination, just connect the car refrigerator and turn on the soft light at night, you will have a pleasant weekend camping.
What Other 400Wh Portable Power Stations Could You Consider?
Check below for similar 400Wh portable power stations to the Anker powerhouse II 400.
1. MAXOAK 400Wh Portable Power Station
- 400Wh Portable Power Station: Huge capacity 400Wh rechargeable lithium solar generator, with 2* 120V AC-Outlet(Pure Sine-wave) can charge small appliance(Max.Power 300W) such as smartphones 36 Times, laptops(45W) 7 times, Gopro 60 times, Drone, Mini Projector, Mini Car Fridge and other Applicances, portable vital emergency power backup battery for RV Outdoors, camping or hurricane and other power outage situations.
- Various Outputs for Multi-use: Featuring 2 x AC Pure-Sine Wave outlets for small appliances, 2DC12V/5A ports. 112V cart port for car on-board 12V appliance. 1QC3.0 18W(Max) for Smart phone, Laptop with QC Type-C port. 65V3.5A(Max) USB for smart phone,Tablet, etc.Flexible Charge Options can Meet Various Electricity Needs.
- AC/Solar/Car Recharge/Generator: 7-7.5Hrs to full recharge the power station from a wall outlet. 4.5Hrs to recharge it fully by SP120 120W solar panel. 12V Car can only charge the power station to 40-50%. 24V car can charge the power station fully.
- Portable and Compact: With weight only 12.3lb and smaller size only L9.0in * W5.7in * H11.2in. More weight lighter than traditional UPS, longer lifespan, safer, Environmental -friendly and portable than other lead-acid big heavy one.The handle design is perfect for outdoor adventure and camping.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 400 Portable Power Station
Goal Zero Yeti 400 portable power station is a convenient, large capacity power bank designed to run lights, phones, laptops, and small appliances in an off-grid or power outage situation. Whether you need power while camping in a tent or trailer, or looking for a reliable emergency power supply, the Goal Zero Yeti 400 helps you keep all your essential devices charged up and ready.
- Portable, All-in-one Power at the Push of a Button: The Goal Zero Yeti 400 is the all-in-one power station with a 396Wh, 33Ah capacity, which is enough for charging a phone over 30 times, laptops 5 times, and even running small appliances for several hours. Its versatile array of powerful outputs (USB, AC and 12V) allows you to plug in 7 devices at once and its pure-sine wave inverter provides clean power, just like plugging into the wall at home.
- Rechargeable Battery: No matter where you go, keep the Goal Zero Yeti 400 charged up through 3 easy ways. In 5 hours from a wall outlet with the included AC charger; In 13 hours with the available car charger; Or as fast as 8 hours from Goal Zero’s monocrystalline solar panels. And since there’s no gasoline required and no toxic fumes, the Goal Zero Yeti is completely safe to use inside your house, tent, and car. It’s also silent, which makes it the perfect generator alternative to have on hand for any event.
- Informative LCD Display: Know just how much power you’re using with a quick glance to help estimate your runtime. Real-time input and output calculator is extremely helpful when positioning solar panels.
- Chainable for Long-Lasting Power: Goal Zero’s patented modular design allows you to chain with other 33Ah lead-acid batteries to extend runtimes and power through outages or road trips without worrying about frequent recharges.
- Emergency Power Source: A perfect alternative power source for those living in an apartment or who don’t want to deal with the noise, fumes, maintenance, and overall hassle of a gasoline inverter generator.
3. AIMTOM Rebel 440 Portable Power Station
AIMTOM Specializes in Cutting-edge portable power solutions. Whether you’re going off the grid or prepping for an emergency, the AIMTOM Rebel 440’s impressive fast recharging, wide array of ports, easy-to-use interface, and rugged exterior make it handy to keep your electronic gear running for hours or even days at a time. It’s lightweight (10.3lbs) and easy to carry. It can power laptops, routers, pellet grills, CPAP machines, drones, Bluetooth speakers, portable refrigerators, portable projectors, or any other device up to 440 Watt. It even comes with a bright 4-function LED light built in.
- SAFE AND PRACTICAL: 440W Pure Sine Wave AC, safer for sensitive electronics. 12V DC REGULATED, constant voltage output regardless battery level. 3x AC outlets WELL-SPACED to fit three large plugs. BMS provides full protection against overload, over-voltage, short-circuit and more.
- SMART AND INNOVATIVE: Smart Screen offers more info than others: IN/OUT watts, charging times, running times, battery level etc. 100W USB-C PD can even power large devices such as tablets and laptops. The USB-C port is Bi-Directional which means it can either deliver or receive power. Charge up to 70% faster. 2x USB-A ports are fast charging.
- FASTEST RECHARGING IN ITS CLASS: Max 200W input (USB-C + AC), 1.7 hrs charging to 80% capacity. Or 90W adapter, 4.5 hrs to full. It can also be recharged by solar, car port or generators. The built-in MPPT feature ensures that it always extract the maximum available power from solar panels at every charging stage.
- DESIGNED FOR OUTDOOR/INDOOR USE: 403Wh battery capacity meets all your family needs at a golden ratio of performance and price. Also it meets strict FCC and RoHS standards, and is ideal choice in case of a power outage. No noise, fumes, or pollution, and completely maintenance-free.
Enjoyed this Anker powerhouse II 400 portable power station review? Then be sure to check out the other guide of the Best 300W Portable Power Station.