A computer can’t run without a power supply. The power supply is also crucial because the quality of PSU being chosen implies what other components you can insert into your computer presently and in the future. As computer components develop more and more power-hungry, 1200W power supply are gaining a lot of popularity.
1200W power supplies are excellent choices if you are operating multiple graphics cards or servers of some kind. For a typical gamer, a 1200W power supply offers more than sufficient headroom for accommodating future hardware. Get a complete insight on how to get the best 1200W power supply with the following selection.
List of The Best 1200W Power Supply
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 1200W power supply in 2022 below.
EVGA Supernova 1200 P3 is one of the best 1200W power supplies on this list in terms of efficiency. It comes with the latest 80+ rating for efficient power output. The included fans blow out cool air which ultimately cools down your whole computer system. This EVGA PSU is fully modular which implies that one cable for the floppy disk or whatever you didn’t use before needn’t have to tuck in the base of the case, although nobody can see it.
- It is 80 PLUS Platinum certified and provides 92% efficiency or even higher under typical loads.
- With the inclusion of 100% Japanese Capacitors and with the Fully Modular system, it decreases cable clutter and improves airflow.
- DC-DC design and the full-bridge LLC resonant converter offer tight voltage regulation, and low ripple and noise.
- EVGA ECO mode and Fluid dynamic bearing fan lead to ultra-quiet operation. They also prolong the lifespan of this PSU.
- Dimensions and weight: 3.4 x 5.9 x 7.1 inches; 9.13 pounds.
Pros And Cons
This be quiet! 1200W power supply elevates the bar of those systems that need virtually quiet operation and excellent efficiency. With the DC-DC design and LLC SR, this PSU offers excellent voltage regulation and advanced stability. The power signal stability is unparalleled in its class. Four high-performance 12V rails are included.
The high-end silent wings 3 (135 mm) fan offers efficient airflow and yet generates very little noise. This is because of the exceptionally optimized fan blade design and the cutting-edge fluid-dynamic bearing. Also, the 6-pole fan motor hugely discards operational noise, offers a long lifespan, and reduces power consumption.
- It is 80 PLUS Platinum certified to provide efficiency up to 94%. As a result, your high-end system benefits from reduced power consumption and quiet and cool operation.
- The standby drain is less than 0.1 watts.
- This PSU comes with multi-GPU support along with six PCI-Express connectors.
- Japanese 105°C-rated capacitors are included to guarantee reliability and stability.
- This PSU is ErP and Energy Star 7.0 ready.
- The PSU case features a funnel-shaped fan opening for high airflow intake and high cooling performance.
- The DC-to-DC conversion provides tight voltage regulation although heavy cross-load is connected. So, it guarantees reliability for the next-gen graphics cards and processors.
- Dimensions and weight: 13 x 9.75 x 4 inches; 8.1 pounds.
Pros And Cons
Do you want a 1200W PSU that offers steady voltages and maintains quiet operation? If yes then Corsair HX1200 is the best 1200W power supply for you that fulfills these needs. It offers extremely tight voltages and is also famous for maintaining virtually silent operation (made possible with the Zero RPM Fan Mode). The fan doesn’t move until it is required. Hence, you will benefit from virtually silent operation under low and medium loads.
With the included japanese capacitors, this PSU is perfect for high-performance PCs where reliability is crucial. The included accessories are a power cord, mounting screws, cable ties, a corsair case badge, and a user manual. This PSU comes with a 10-year warranty that is backed by Corsair’s technical support and customer service.
- It is 80 Plus Platinum rated to decrease operational cost and extreme heat. This rating makes sure this PSU operates cooler and uses less power than those PSUs which are less efficient.
- The Fully Modular design allows you to only use the cables required. So, it leads to a clean-looking build with improved airflow.
- 135 mm Fluid dynamic bearing fan supports Zero RPM mode. So, it guarantees virtually quiet operation at low loads.
- The Plus12V Rail Switch gives the flexibility to choose from a single plus12V rail or multiple plus12V rails.
- The implemented safety features are under-voltage protection, over-voltage protection, over-power protection, short circuit protection, and over-temperature protection. These safety features assure maximum safety to the critical system components
- Dimensions and weight: 5.9 x 7.9 x 3.39 inches; 5.07 pounds.
Pros And Cons
This ASUS 1200W power supply comes with 80+ Platinum certification for high energy efficiency. The entire PSU and your system stay cool with the 135 mm wing-blade fan. One of the unique and best aspects of this PSU is the Aura Sync for lighting synchronization with a widespread aura ecosystem. An RGB connector is included and it plugs into the addressable RGB header on an Asus motherboard. You can neatly organize your cables with the included zip pins and connectors.
- 100% Japanese capacitors offer excellent stability and durability.
- 0 dB cooling is achieved with dust-proof IP5x wing-blade fans and the built-in RGB heatsinks.
- OLED screen lets you monitor power draw in real-time. At a glance, you can know how much power your rig is using.
- Aura sync (addressable) RGB lighting presents an almost infinite spectrum of colors with the capability to synchronize effects throughout the ecosystem of Aura Sync qualified products
- The AC input range supported is 100V to 240V AC.
- Dimensions and weight: 7.48 x 5.91 x 1.33 inches; 0.018 ounces.
Pros And Cons
Now it is possible to share the power with another system without extra cost. This Phanteks Revolt X all-in-one PSU is one of the best 1200W power supplies when it comes to sharing power. It combines a power splitter and a power supply in a single unit. With the built-in power splitter, you can easily drive a dual system setup without paying the extra cost of a separate power supply. Hence, power-sharing to another system is simplified.
The included Japanese capacitors are of premium quality and they prolong the reliability and lifespan. Due to high efficiency, less power gets expended in the form of heat. Necessary safety features are implemented to guarantee the safe operation of your PC system.
- With the 80+ Platinum certification, 1200W, and integrated power splitter, this PSU can support dual system setups.
- With the use of the power splitter, a dual system configuration can independently operate from each other. So, powering on/off on a single system will not influence others and vice versa.
- The power splitter safeguards and controls the 12V/5V/3.3V/+5Vsb circuit to the motherboard. Hence, it guarantees full compatibility with motherboards with the following form factors: ITX, mATX, ATX, and E-ATX
- Dimensions and weight: 3.94 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches; 9.3 pounds.
Pros And Cons
This Thermaltake PSU is built to offer 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. All PSUs from this series feature Japanese capacitors, a 140mm hydraulic bearing fan, and many other premium quality components to offer constant and steady power. Reliable performance and quiet operation are guaranteed.
- Form Factor: ATX, Cooling Method: Air, Design: Full Modular
- The holdup time is 16msec at 100% of the full load input current (15A).
- The range of input voltage and frequency are 100V – 240V and 50 Hz – 60 Hz. The range of operating temperature is 0°C to + 50°C.
- The cooling performance is excellent with the 14 cm hydraulic bearing fan.
- MTBF is a minimum of 120,000 hours.
- This PSU comes with the following safety approvals: CE, cTUVus, TÜV, FCC, BSMI, and EAC.
- The included Smart Zero Fan will not spin until the load surpasses 30% of the power supply. So, it minimizes the fan noise.
- All the ripples are lesser than 30mV on +12V, +5V or +3.3V for load capacity 0% to 100%.
- Steady and constant power is delivered with an ambient temperature of up to 50°C.
- Dimensions and weight: 5.91 x 3.39 x 6.3 inches; 7.72 pounds.
Pros And Cons
When it comes to the extremely stable voltage output, this Segotep PSU can be one of your best 1200W power supplies. The LLC Pro+DC-DC structure of this 1250W PSU offers extremely steady voltage output.
- It is 80 plus Gold certified.
- The efficiency is 92% or higher under semi-loads.
- The fully modular ATX design simplifies making clean and tidy PC builds.
- The double ball-bearing fan (140 mm) and AI Cooler smart temperature control circuit offer virtually quiet operation at low and medium loads.
- Heavy-duty protections like OVP, OCP, UVP, OPP, SPD, OTP, and SCP offer maximum safety to critical components of your system.
- Japanese 105°C rated (industrial-grade) capacitors guarantee efficient power delivery and long-term reliability.
- The implemented safety features are overload protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, short circuit protection, over current protection, over power protection, and over-temperature protection.
- Dimensions and weight: 14.37 x 5.31 x 8.39 inches; 8.54 pounds.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 1200W Power Supply?
The details of factors discussed below assist you to choose the best 1200W power supply for your needs.
1. Modular or Non-modular power supply
The most vital thing you need to know is what type of PSU you need i.e. modular or non-modular. Generally, modular power supplies let you add and detach cables (none of them are soldered). Conversely, non-modular units have all required cables pre-attached; you can’t remove any of them.
2. Form factor
The form factor determines will your power supply fits into your case. To avoid hassles regarding how to fit a power supply into a case, standards from factors are invented. There are standard form factors similar to that in motherboards and cases.
Though AT form factor power supplies are available for purchase, they are undoubtedly legacy products and are on the way out. The later ATX form factor power supplies i.e ATX 2.03 and earlier versions are getting obsolete.
In the present market, the ATX12V form factor is the mainstream choice. Multiple different versions of this form factor are available.
The ATX12V v1.0 specification is added to the original ATX form factor with a 4-pin +12V connector that delivers power entirely to the processor. A 6-pin auxiliary power connector delivers +3.3V and +5V voltages. The resultant ATX12V v1.3 specification is incorporated on top of the 15-pin SATA power connector. Note that all ATX12V power supplies retain the same size and physical shape as the ATX form factor.
EPS12V, SFX12V, and others:
Power supplies with EPS12V form factor use an 8-pin processor power connector as well as the 4-pin connector of the ‘ATX12V’ form factor. Primarily, the EPS12V form factor was designed for entry-level servers. Nowadays, a huge number of high-end desktop motherboards contain the 8-pin EPS12V processor power connector. As a result, users can choose an EPS12V power supply.
3. Safety features
Certain manufacturers equip their 1200W power supplies with built-in protection to ensure the safety of components against power-related concerns. Usually, these increase cost to some extent. However, they can provide extra peace of mind.
The overvoltage protection means that the circuit will shut down the PSU if the output voltage surpasses the stated voltage limit (which is usually higher than the rated output voltage). The reason why this protection is significant is that high output voltages may create damage to those computer components which connect to the power supply.
The other two prominent protection functions are overcurrent and overload protection. Essentially, these are circuits that protect the computer and the power supply unit. They work such that when there is an extreme current or power load identified, they protect the system by shutting down the PSU. They also protect against short circuit currents.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking The Best 1200W Power Supply
1. What is modular support in a 1200W power supply?
This parameter doesn’t prominently influence the performance of your device. However, you must ascertain to buy a power supply with a cabling system that is easy to manage. The modular cable system boasts special connectors that are useful when you have to connect a GPU and different components.
2. What is the importance of noiseless fans in PSU?
All PSUs are prone to overheating when there is a heavy load. Hence, proper power supply units are equipped with special fans. If you like working alone and dislike being distracted by sound then it is recommended to purchase a PSU with the noiseless fans. You can buy a PSU with larger fans which are nearly soundless because they don’t spin very quickly.
3. What cables are considered the best for 1200W power supplies?
3 types of cables are available for these power supplies. They are hard-wired, partially and fully modular. Moreover, the best 1200W power supply features modular cable systems because they are easier to organize.
4. What is an 80 Plus rating?
80 Plus is a superior rating system that denotes how effective a PSU is. This rating denotes whether a power supply unit can deal with its tasks at 80% efficiency across its supported load range. In case this rating is high, the PSU is very reliable. But you need to note that such power supply units are available at high prices.
To ensure that your device continues to work properly, it is inevitable to choose the best PC power supply. The best 1200W power supply from the above selection provides the best performance, reliability, and protection for your system and the components. Besides, these PSUs run cool, and quiet, and prolong the lifespan of your computer.
Enjoyed this best 1200w power supply review? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the Best 650W Power Supply.