Computer power supply is a device that converts AC power to DC power, and is specially supplied to computer accessories such as motherboards, drives, graphics cards, etc. It is a hub for power supply of various components of the computer, and it is an important part of the computer that the quality of power supply will affect the performance of your computer. So which power supply is the best for your computer system? To eliminate your confusion on how to pick up the best power supply under 50 dollars in 2022, we have highlighted the best ones along with a section on how to choose them.
About ARESGAME 750W PSU
- semi-modular ATX gaming power supply 750w
- 80 plus Bronze certified, with 85% efficiency or higher and very stable voltage output
- All cables are black and not ketchup and mustard colored
- Silent and durable 120mm fan
- Full protection including OVP/UVP/OPP/SCP
About EVGA 500W PSU
- When building on a budget, the EVGA 500W 80 PLUS is a great choice at a low cost.
- Supporting 40A on a single +12V rail provides more options without having to reduce your component requirements.
- Save space with the 500W compact design, well-placed power switch and fully sleeved cables.
- The 500W offers the connections and protections needed for basic system builds. With a standard 3 year and ultra quiet fan design.
- Heavy duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP and SCP.
About Thermaltake 430W PSU
- Delivers 430W continuous output at +40℃. Compliance with Intel ATX 12V 2.31 & EPS 12V 2.92 standards
- 80 Plus Certified: 80% efficiency under typical load
- Supports (2) PCI-E 6+2pin Connectors. Active (PFC) Power Factor Correction, MTBF: 100, 000 hours
- Industry Grade Protections: (OPP) Over Power Protection, (OVP) Over Voltage Protection, (SCP) Short Circuit Protection
- 5 year warranty
About EVGA 600W PSU
- EVGA 600 BR – “Bronze reliability”
- 80 plus Bronze certified, with 85% efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP and OTP
- A 120mm long life sleeve bearing fan results in quieter operation and a longer lifespan
- Voltage step-down for rock-solid power stability and minimal signal noise
About Thermaltake 650W PSU
- 80+ Bronze – efficiency up to 88% and optimized for C6/C7 States ready. Connectors – 24 pin x 1/ 4+4 pin x 1/ SATA x 6/ PCI-E x 2/ peripheral x 4/ FDD x 1
- Ultra quiet 120mm fan – dynamic Bearing fans superior cooling performance and silent operation.
- Main Japanese capacitors – Japanese capacitors provide superb performance and reliability. Low ripple noise – ensure excellent power supply stability; Keep performance-critical components, such as VGA card, to operate reliably for longer.
- Single +12V rail design – powerful 12V+ Single rail supports today’s GPU demands supporting DC to DC design for non-stop usage with stable reliable performance.
- Industry grade protections – (OPP) Over Power, (OVP) Over Voltage, and (SCP) short circuit protections.
- 5 year warranty.
About Corsair VS600 PSU
- CORSAIR VS power supplies are guaranteed to deliver their full rated wattage of continuous power.
- Certified 80 PLUS efficiency provides up to 85% operational efficiency, reducing heat and energy costs.
- A black powder-coated housing and flat, black cables seamlessly fit your PC’s style.
- A 120mm low-noise cooling fan with a specially designed fan curve spins at higher speed when your power supply is under heavy load and slows down for quieteroperation at lower loads.
- A compact 125mm-long casing ensures an easy fit in almost all modern PC cases.
About ASUS 550W PSU
- All critical capacitors and chokes pass demanding tests to achieve Military-grade Certification.
- Dual ball fan bearings can last up to twice as long as sleeve bearing designs.
- A protective PCB coating protects against moisture, dust, and extreme temperatures.
- 0dB technology lets you enjoy light gaming in relative silence.
- Sleeved cables leave your rig looking tactically clean.
- 80cm 8-pin CPU connector (EPS 12V).
- 6-year warranty included.
About ARESGAME 500W PSU
- High-Efficiency: 80 plus Bronze certified, with 85% efficiency or higher under typical loads.
- Stable Output: offers your system more reliable and stable output voltages, providing more consistent power delivery.
- Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan: with intelligent fan speed control.
- Excellent Heat Dissipation: Honeycomb ventilation design combine with the fan function for better heat dissipation.
- High-end VGA card support with modern PCI-E 6+2pin connector.
- Convenient Cable Design: Long cable length at least 500mm supports high-end case and meets needs of perfect cables management.
- Full Protection: including OVP/UVP/OPP/SCP.
- 5 Years Warranty.
About Thermaltake 600W PSU
- CERTIFIED GOLD – Supporting 80 Plus Gold efficiency up to 90% and optimized for C6 or C7 States ready.
- NON MODULAR CONNECTORS – Main Power (24 pin) x 1/ ATX 12V (4plus4 pin) x 1/ SATA (5 pin) x 6/ PCI-E (6plus2 pin) x 2/ peripheral (4 pin) x 3/ FDD x 1
- ULTRA QUIET 120MM FAN – Dynamic Bearing fan s superior cooing performance and silent operation. LOW RIPPLE NOISE – Ensure excellent power supply stability Keep performance-critical components such as VGA card to operate reliably for longer.
- HIGH QUALITY CAPACITORS – High quality capacitors provide superb performance and reliability.
- SINGLE plus12V RAIL DESIGN – 12Vplus Single rail supports today’s GPU demands, supporting DC to DC design for stable reliable power.
- INDUSTRY GRADE PROTECTIONS – (OPP) Over Power (OVP) Over Voltage (UVP) Under Voltage and (SCP) short circuit protections.
- 5 Year Warranty.
About Corsair 550W PSU
- 80 Plus bronze certified: High efficiency operation for less excess heat and lower operating costs.
- Compatibility supports ATX12V 2.4/2.3/2.2/2.01 and EPS12V 2.92 standards.
- Thermally controlled fan: Silent operation at low and medium loads. Fan size is 4.72 inch.
- Semi-Modular: Make your builds and upgrades easy, with clean, great-looking results.
- 5 year warranty: Your guarantee of reliable operation that will last across several system builds.
The Classification of Power Supply for PC
Firstly, classify from the size:
1. ATX power supply
The ATX specification is an industrial standard proposed by Intel in 1995. Today, the ATX power supply has been called the mainstream standard of the industry. ATX is an abbreviation of AT EXTEND in English. Home computer power supplies sold on the market generally follow the ATX specifications. And the standard size is 150x140x86mm.
2. STX power supply
SFX power supply can be considered as a variety of ATX. It has its own specifications in size and power, which are compatible with ATX series motherboards. This kind of power supply is a standard specified in order to adapt to small size without independent graphics cards and small size characteristics, so as to facilitate personal assembly to purchase different cases and other accessories. It is mainly suitable for ITX, HTPC chassis. And the standard size is 125x100x63.5mm.
3. 1U power supply
The size is very small, mainly used on the server. The standard size is 81.5×40.5x150mm.
4. WTX power supply
WTX power is workstation power, which is between server and home, and can also be understood as an enhanced version of ATX power. At that time, the standards proposed due to the emergence of PentiumIII Xeon (slot2). The size is larger than the ATX power supply, and the power supply capacity is stronger than the ATX power supply.Moreover, it is often used for server and large computers.
Secondly, classify from the power modular power supply:
1. Fully modular power supply
All output cables of this power supply are detachable and exist in interfaces, which is suitable for DIY players, high -end customized.
2. Semi-modular power supply
The motherboard and CPU in semi-modular power supply cannot be removed. It is suitable for beginner users. The common point of this power supply and full module power is the reliability of the cable. That is the original cable quality must be reached standard quality, and can be customized to make the appearance more beautiful.
3. Non-modular power supply
This power supply is completely non-detachable, the wiring is messy and the price is lower, which is suitable for ordinary users.
What To consider When Picking The Best Power Supply Under 50 Dollars
Firstly, try to choose brands that are familiar to the public. Brand is one of the reasons for consumers to buy, which is the simplest way. Try to use some familiar brands for power supply, so that theoretically more reliable. Famous power supply brands are: Corsair, Sea charm, Zhenhua, Hangjia, and so on. If you are in pursuit of cost-effective words, Patriot and game hero are also worth considering. However, it is not to say that the power supply of these well-known brands must be good, and every other brand also has the low-end, mid-end and high-end series. When buying, you also need to compare more and choose the suitable products.
The power consumption you need
Secondly, pay attention to the computer needs to choose power supply suitably. Under normal circumstances, most of the hardware packaging above have power planning, such as I5 8400 is 65W power consumption, GTX1066 graphics card is 120W power consumption, the power consumption of all accessories add up and then add 100W is the rated power consumption you need. Why needs to add 100W? Considering that the power supply may age in the future, it is easier to expand in the future.
High-end or mid-end
Thirdly, according to the cost performance, the mid-end series of power supply is considered as the first. Generally speaking, if you have a mid-end PC configuration, there is no need to choose a high-end power supply. You can choose anyone according to your budget.
Non-module or module
Finally, we need to talk about the choice of non-module and module power supplies. Module power supply wiring is very convenient. When you are installing DIY equipment, if it is a conventional power line, it is generally difficult to go neatly. Because the case is not the same, the line length is not standard, and sometimes the line is not so perfect. At this time, the role of the full module power supply can be seen. You can customize some color lines online, so that the case appearance looks more beautiful. But for the average user, non-module power supplies are sufficient and affordable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What parameters should the power supply nameplate focus on?
Rated power is the first parameter to be considered by all consumers. Here is just a reminder that it is necessary to see whether it is peak power or stable output power. Peak power is instantaneous output and has no reference value. So now generally good power supply power labeling is to emphasize the rated power.
The output parameter is the most important parameter of computer power supply, and it is also the parameter that confuses many consumers. The output voltage is +12V, +5V, +3.3V and -12V and +5V standby, etc. The output current of each channel is different. Among them, +12V is the most important power supply output voltage in the current power system. The +12V power supply is used for CPUs and graphics cards, and the +12V power supply is used for hardware, such as mechanical hard disks and optical drives. The higher the ratio of +12V outputs, the higher the quality of the power supply can reach. +12V also can be divided into single and dual channels. Single channel conversion efficiency is higher, and it more used for high-end power supply. In addition, +5V is used for SSD power supply, and +3.3V is used for mainboards.
Certification is also a concern for many consumers. At present, the power supply sold in the market must pass the national compulsory 3C certification before selling. The 80PLUS certification is a marker of power conversion efficiency. However, it should be noted that 80PLUS certification is not directly related to the quality of power supply. We can only say that its energy conversion efficiency is relatively high, but it may not have excellent performance in overall performance.
2. How many watts of power does your desktop PC need?
The power supply on the market can be roughly divided into the following sections: 350W-500W, 500W-900W, 900W power supply. 350W-500W power supply is the most abundant choice of products, which can meet the power supply requirements of a desktop computer with a mainstream CPU and a single GPU. It is suitable for office and home use. 500W-800W is popular among gamers, and even overclocking or dual GPUs can provide a large margin; 900W power range is suitable for high-end dual or triple GPU computers, which can provide reliable support for high-end game systems or professional workstations.
In general, having a clear understanding of the power supply that you need and with the classification and parameter information of all power supplies we listed, you can make the right choice when choosing the best power supply under 50 dollars for your computer.