Solar fence lights are unique lamps used to light up the whole fence or it’s certain parts only like posts, walls, lower ground, and surroundings. They are specifically designed for those people who intend to illuminate the outdoor spaces of their homes or other properties, in a cost-effective and eco-friendly way. The best solar fence lights are ornamental and bright enough in illuminating the fence, deck, and walkway. They are quite easy to install.
The built-in solar panel converts the Sun’s heat into energy and then saves it on a battery. In the darkness, the saved energy begins to provide a glow. To save you time and effort during selection, the following section highlights the topmost solar fence lights.
List of The Best Solar Fence Lights
Check out the thorough reviews of the best solar fence lights in 2023 below.
1. MAGGIFT 15 Lumen Solar Post Lights
When it comes to bright illumination and the ability to withstand almost all weather elements, the MAGGIFT solar post lights are one of the best solar fence lights. They are outdoor post cap lights highly suitable for patio or fence deck. The built-in solar panel absorbs full and direct sunlight during the daytime to charge the battery.
There is the use of superior quality plastic that ensures durability and resists corrosion. Each solar light contains 12 pieces of high-brightness SMD LED. The included mounting kit for posts helps you to screw the solar cap lights to the highest point on the railing.
- The solar-powered lights can be charged in direct and full sunlight for 6-8 hours.
- The lights automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn.
- Each light contains an AA NI-MH rechargeable battery.
- These lights can easily mount on top of a 4 x 4 inches, 5 x 5 inches, or 6 x 6 inches wooden post.
- The IP44 waterproof rating and weatherproof makes sure the lights resist rain, frost, snow, or sleet.
- The dimensions of each light are 4.95 x 4.95 x 2.4 inches.
Pros And Cons
2. DenicMic Solar Post Lights
Both these solar post lights from DenicMic boast exceptional ornamental patterns and elegant metal lamp shades. These lights are perfect for fences, patios, decks, and posts. If you want, you can mount them on the ground or on outdoor tables. Owing to the waterproof construction, they can resist rain and moisture.
With the help of screws and an internal mounting plate, installation is simplified. No need to connect electric wires. The package includes two solar panels, two post lights, eight screws, and two plastic strips.
- The illumination is super bright with the help of monocrystalline silicon solar panels.
- The built-in 1.2V Ni-MH AA battery offers 10 hours of working time.
- The brightness is 25 lumens in the initial 6 hours and 10 lumens in the last 4 hours.
- The battery holder is sealed using waterproof glue to work in different outdoor environments.
- The switch installation type is Monopoint with canopy.
Pros And Cons
3. Twinsluxes Solar Post Cap Lights
The waterproof construction, ingenious design, bright illumination, and ease of installation make these cap lights one of the best solar fence lights. These LED fence post solar lights are suitable for patio, deck, and garden decoration. The post cap is equipped with warm light to make your patio look appealing. The attractive modern design boosts the mood of users at night.
Unlike other cap post lights with strict dimensional forbearances, the flexible and creative design allows easy installation on various inches of PVC or wooden vinyl columns. Due to the presence of warm white LED, the solar column headlight illuminates efficiently at night. For installation, you just need to mark some holes ad drill down to balance out the lights.
- The fully automatic photosensitive design is IP44 waterproof and heat-resistant.
- The shade is built from PVC, wood, and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene.
- After the battery is fully charged, these lights can be used all night.
Pros And Cons
4. Siedinlar Solar Post Lights
The two LED deck fence cap lights from Siedinlar are suitable for fences, porches, railings, gates, decks, docks, mailboxes, etc. Two modes i.e. warm white and cool white are available to customize the light output. 4 LED lamp beads are incorporated to provide very bright illumination.
By following the included instructions, you can fix the base by included screws over the wooden post. Under direct sunlight, these lights can be charged in 6-8 hours. Once fully charged, it delivers charge for 10-12 hours in the nighttime.
- 3 varied sizes of bases are included. They are compatible with 4 x 4 inches, 5 x 5 inches, 6 x 6 inches wooden posts. So, these post lights are versatile for homeowners who want to place a cap light on multiple pillars.
- Due to the IP44 waterproof rating, these post lights can withstand intense heat, snow, and heavy downpour. So, they can be used in different outdoor environments.
- You obtain 100,000 hours of lighting.
- The shade is made of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene.
Pros And Cons
5. Davinci Lighting Solar Post Cap Lights
In terms of energy-saving and environmentally-friendly aspects, these Davinci solar post cap lights are some of the best solar fence lights for you. By transforming your posts into lights, you can let your home shine elegantly. The caps charge during the day and automatically turn on at night.
There is the use of textured glass and die-cast aluminum metal in the construction. The automotive-grade Li-ion battery offers efficient charging output. Being cordless operations, these post cap lights prevent the expenses and hassles of recruiting a contractor or electrician for wiring.
- The brightness of each warm white LED is 25 lumens.
- Each LED comes with a 3000K color temperature.
- The inclusion of various bases lets these lights fit square 4 x 4 inches vinyl/plastic posts, 4 x 4 inches wooden posts, 5 x 5 inches wooden posts, and 6 x 6 inches wooden posts.
- The metal roof of the fixture perfectly attaches with 4 press-and-turn tabs. It encompasses the rechargeable battery and 2 white LED bulbs.
- The IP44 waterproof construction lets the lights be used in different outdoor environments.
- The battery life is up to 8 hours.
Pros And Cons
6. OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights
For locations like posts, fences, gardens, stairways, walkways, etc., the OTHWAY solar fence post lights are perfect. The built-in day night sensor automatically activates at night and charges at daytime.
The installation is a piece of cake because there are no messy wires. Simply detach the cover and use the fastened two screws to mount the lights. Finally, put on the cover. In the pack, you get four solar lights, eight large screws, eight expansion pillar-hinges, and a user manual.
- The built-in 1.2V 600 mAh NiMH battery comes with 6 hours charging time and 4-8 hours run time.
- A 2V 0.26W solar panel is included.
- The total number of LED s is 6.
- The honeycomb kind of cut in the plastic cover presents an elegant design.
- The durable ABS plastic construction makes sure these lights stay well in place. Also, it ascertains that they can sustain rain, snow, and wind.
- Dimensions are 3.58 x 2.52 x 2.05 inches and the weight is 2.3 ounces.
Pros And Cons
7. Greluna Solar Fence Lights
The two solar fence lights from Greluna are highly suitable for indoor and outdoor locations. You can use them in the backyard, along the walkway, driveway, sidewalk, around porch, or patio. Along with beautifying your space, these solar LED lights convey bright safety lighting across a huge space.
The ability to provide vivid outdoor lighting throughout a home and decorative appearance make them one of the best solar fence lights. The absence of external wires reduces the perils of accidents. Also, the pack includes accessories like 8 screws and 4 screw plastic grooves.
- The brightness of each light is 15 lumens and the light power is 0.39W.
- The battery capacity of the solar panel is 600 mAh.
- The light source used is an LED Luminotron.
- Once fully charged, these lights can enlighten your space for 6-8 hours at night. During the daytime, they automatically turn off to save your electricity bill.
- They are a perfect fit for solar lamp post lights with dimensions 3.8 x 3.8 inches or above.
Pros And Cons
8. Greluna Solar Wall Lights Outdoor
The exceptional aspect of the Greluna wall lights is they come in upgraded solar LED design. This design allows you to choose among two modes i.e. color changing and warm white. Being wireless, you get rid of installation hassles.
All the 8 solar wall lights add vibrant ambiance to front doors, decks, porches, driveways, gardens, front/backyards, landscapes, stairways, patios, etc. Also, they can be set up in other outdoor places that demand decoration or lighting. For flawless operation, make sure the solar panels receive sufficient direct sunlight. You get 16 screws, 16 screw plastic grooves, 8 solar garden lights, and a user guide in the pack.
- The warm white mode is suitable for decorating indoors and the color-changing mode is suitable for festival decor.
- The warm mode’s color temperature is 3000K.
- The built-in 1.2V 600 mAh batteries fully recharge in 6 hours. It offers 8 hours of runtime.
- The high-quality ABS material used in the construction is durable and weatherproof.
- The shade is made up of plastic, shell, and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene.
Pros And Cons
9. SUNFACE Solar Deck Lights (6 Packs)
Are you looking for durably built decorative solar fence lights? If yes then these SUNFACE solar deck lights can be one of the best solar fence lights for your needs. They are basically wall mount-type fence post lighting built using quality ABS plastic. This material can sustain extreme rain, snow, and wind. These lights can illuminate gardens, yards, backyards, decks, stairs, fence posts, etc.
No messy wires are involved in the installation process. Simply use the included screws to complete the installation in a minute. The pack includes 12 screws, 12 anchors, 6 batteries, and a user manual.
- The automated switch and built-in sensor let the light turn on at night and turn off at dawn. So, it saves on the electricity bill.
- Two lighting modes available are warm and 7 color-changing lighting.
- The warm color light mode offers enough amount of light that doesn’t disturb the neighbors.
Pros And Cons
10. Suponar Metal Solar Post Lights
Both the 4 x 4 solar post cap lights in this product package are also known as solar deck post lights. The amiable warm light output is extremely suitable for outdoor decoration. So, it arouses a quiet and soothing ambiance in any space. It is possible to set up these Suponar solar post lights throughout your home to revamp the overall look of your indoors. Moreover, you can convey a beautiful look to a garden, patio, fence, yard, deck, etc.
- 4 upgraded polysilicon solar panels come with large capacity batteries.
- Each light includes a bright LED filament and clear tempered glass shade.
- The cast aluminum case is implemented with anti-rust treatment.
- These lights illuminate at night and turn off at daytime for charging automatically.
- With the IP45 waterproof design, these solar lights produce pollution-free green energy.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Solar Fence Lights?
With the assistance of the below factors, you can end up choosing one of the best solar fence lights fulfilling your needs and budget.
1. Types of solar fence lights
i. Solar rock lights
Solar rock lights intermingle well in a fence that is elegantly put up with rocks, cement, or hollow blocks. The design is such that nobody can even note that some lighting is put up in the fence because they appear natural just like the background. However, after the twilight slithers, the dazzling glow from the solar rock lights starts revealing.
ii. Solar flood lights
Also known as Spot Lights, they are used in a broad open area for presenting huge lighting effects. If you need a maximum source of light for a fence at night then a solar flood light can be installed in a wall of any fence. In the meantime, because solar spotlights can be built on the ground or mounted on the wall, you can install them in any fences as well. The benefit is that it can be adapted such that you can set up the light to accentuate the best visual of the fence.
iii. Motion sensor lights
These lights are famous for low power consumption. They only illuminate when they detect moving objects nearby. They defend fences against intruders.
iv. Decorative solar lamp posts
Their design shows that the pieces of lamps can be positioned over the top of posts in each corner of the fence. The purpose is to illuminate the path for visitors, property owners, and onlookers. Furthermore, solar lamp posts showcase a classic style in each fence.
2. Waterproof rating
Similar to outdoor electrical light, the longevity of solar fence lights is directly proportional to how waterproof it is. To check the waterproofing of a specific light, you need to look at an IP rating (ingress protection) and the two digits beside it indicate what things can be exposed to before dust or water can penetrate its internal components. The most common waterproofing rating for these lights is IP65. If you intend to use it for outdoor places where there can be extreme weather changes, look for a solar fence light with an IP65 rating.
One of the best facets about solar fence lights is that their installation process is easier than mains-powered lights. No need to connect any cables. You just need to decide where to install and then drill some holes and use screws to install them firmly.
Up or downlights can be usually attached with the provided fittings. However, it is recommended to first drill a pilot hole for the screws. For post lights, it is essential that first, you measure your posts and then find a post light that fits accurately. This is because almost all post lights have unique dimensions of attachment-point.
FAQs When Picking The Best Solar Fence Lights
1. Do solar fence lights come with low maintenance?
Yes, these lights are designed such that they don’t need cleaning periodically. Even though exposed to the outdoor environment or climate pressure, they don’t appear used up. The cleaning process doesn’t take much time because when kept outside, they are washed by rain. You can simply spray water from the hose to discard dust and other mess.
2. How do solar fence lights deter intruders?
The best solar fence lights maintain bright visibility around the house or any property. This serves as extra protection against intruders whose intention is to steal the wealth of people.
3. Are the solar batteries replaceable?
Yes, they are replaceable. You just need to find a compatible and correct battery type based on the solar lighting you bought. Nevertheless, replacing the battery is not hard at all.
Whether you want to decorate your indoor space or illuminate any outdoor space or set up security lighting in any space, these solar lights in the list are the best solar fence lights to consider. The solar light output from these lights is efficient, energy-saving, and eco-friendly. No need to wire them into your mains. They are low-maintenance lights that can revamp any space with bright illumination and elegance.
Enjoyed this solar fence lights review? Then be sure to check out the other guide of The Best Battery Operated Wall Sconces.