Ecoflow River Portable Power Station
Built in light9.6/10
Value for money8.4/10
- Portable design is ideal for outdoor events
- Easy to carry with the rugged handle
- Can easily fit in a truck or minivan
- The smart inverter offers fast charging performance
- Quiet operation
- A bit heavy (17 lbs)
Ecoflow is renowned for creating the world’s most inventive, eco-friendly power solutions. Its products deliver reliable power for adventures and emergencies. Now you can benefit from an efficient, reliable, and safe charging mechanism for your electronic devices with the Ecoflow river portable power station.
Ecoflow river can power multiple devices simultaneously. Compatibility with a broad range of appliances proves their versatility. With the following Ecoflow river portable power station review, you can eliminate the confusion and make a judicious decision on Ecoflow portable power station.
Efficient charging performance, ease of use, and broad compatibility make Ecoflow river the best Ecoflow portable power station. It can deliver power output via the AC outlets or you can use it as a solar generator. Especially, for outdoor events, camping, and emergencies, its efficient power output proves to be worthwhile.
The 288Wh backup Lithium battery is the key component responsible for the efficient charging output. The entire operation is quiet and free from pollution. What makes it stand out from other power stations is it boasts wide compatibility. It is compatible with almost 80% of home appliances. Implementation of the advanced algorithm from X-Boost Technology makes sure this unit is compatible with most heavy-duty kitchen gadgets and tools. For these devices, it can deliver power up to 1800W. The X-Boost mode and discharging rates can be supervised and regulated via the EcoFlow APP.
With the insertion of an auxiliary battery, you can double the battery capacity i.e. from 288Wh to 576Wh. Designed keeping in mind mobility, it only weighs 17 lbs. The overall size seems slightly bigger than a toaster, so you can conveniently carry it along. From the pack, you get 3 types of charging cable (a 1.5 m charging cable, a 1.5m car charging cable, and a 1.5m MC4 to XT60 solar charging cable) and a user guide.
- Three 600W AC outlets are available to charge multiple devices at once. In that case, the peak power output is 1200W.
- At once, 10 devices can be charged.
- With a maximum battery capacity of up to 288Wh, the power station delivers sufficient power to operate your essential devices for hours.
- With the patented X-Stream Technology from EcoFlow, the smart inverter supports fast recharging ability. So, within an hour, it can recharge from 0% to 80%.
- In 1.6 hours, your devices can be fully charged.
- With “Quiet Charging” status enabled on the APP, you can switch to a quieter charging condition.
- The incorporated smart inverter lets the power station convey a fast recharging performance. Simply plug into a standard wall outlet for recharging.
FAQs When Picking Ecoflow River Portable Power Station
1. What devices can Ecoflow River run?
With EcoFlow X-Boost technology, RIVER Max can power devices up to 1200W. However, X-Boost is not applicable for all electrical appliances, some 600-1800W appliances with strict voltage requirements may not function. In addition, if the instantaneous power of the electrical appliance exceeds 1200W (with the X-boost function turned off), exceeding 1800W (with the X-boost function turned on) will also cause the power supply to be overloaded and unusable. (eg. air conditioners/fridge-freezer/microwave/oven).
2. How long will Ecoflow River run your device?
Generally, run time ≈ 288Wh*0.85/operating wattage of your device. The inverter efficiency of different output power is different, so the use time of the electrical appliance is also different according to the different efficiency.
3. Why does the battery lose power when not in use?
A: The unit may be in standby mode where the power supply, screen, and/or inverter could be using up to 50W. Remember to long press the power button to turn the unit completely off. If the unit loses power when completely off, try recharging it to 100% and use it to 0% two or three times to calibrate the battery.
4. Can Ecoflow River be used as a UPS for cable modem and wireless router?
Yes it can. It’s also suggested to set the battery charge capacity to 80% in the app which will help keep the battery in better condition for a longer period of time if you are using it in pass through mode.
Notes When Using Ecoflow River
- Upgrade to the latest firmware on the EcoFlow app to enjoy a better user experience.
- Appliances have been tested on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to power heavy-duty devices, please conduct a full test.
- RIVER Series AC charging cable couldn’t be used with DELTA.
- Store in dry and well-ventilated place. If exposed or used in a humid environment for a long time (E.g. seaside), we recommend you use a waterproof bag to keep your battery dry.
- If you accidentally drop the product into water or spill water on the battery during use, please place it in a safe open area, and stay away from it until it is completely dry. The dried product should not be used again.
From the present Ecoflow river portable power station review, it is straightforward to efficiently charge your devices on the go. The ability to quickly charge your devices anywhere & anytime is the key specialty of Ecoflow river power stations. Whether you head on for your favorite adventure or go on a road trip, these power stations prove to be useful owing to their portability.
What Other 300Wh Portable Power Stations Could You Consider?
Check below for similar 300Wh portable power stations to the Ecoflow River.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1 * USB-A port and 1 DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge up to 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the portable power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge Explorer 300 power station with an AC adaptor when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panels.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The Explorer 300 portable power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- 𝙈𝙐𝙇𝙏𝙄𝙋𝙇𝙀 𝙊𝙐𝙏𝙋𝙐𝙏𝙎: TogoPower A330 is equipped with a 𝟮𝟴𝟴 𝙬𝙝 (𝟭𝟯𝘼𝙝, 𝟮𝟮.𝟮𝙑) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* 𝘼𝘾 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙩 (120V 330W 660W Peak), 1* 𝙋𝘿 𝟲𝟬𝙒 USB-C port, 3* 𝙌𝘾 𝟯.𝟬 port and 1* 𝘿𝘾 𝙘𝙖𝙧 𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 to power many devices such as drones, cameras, laptops, and tablets with a pure sine wave inverter.
- 𝙂𝙍𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙎𝙊𝙇𝘼𝙍 𝙂𝙀𝙉𝙀𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙍: TogoPower A330 has a built-in 𝙈𝙋𝙋𝙏 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 that can get the maximum recharging efficiency. It can easily get recharged with our efficient solar panel (TogoPower 120W) to provide eco-friendly clean power. You can also recharge TogoPower A330 through a wall outlet, car outlet, or a generator.
- 𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙀𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙂𝙃 𝙏𝙊 𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙔: Designed for portability, the A330 has a 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙚, making it easy and comfortable to carry around. With a solid handle, it’s easy to carry around to enjoy while camping and road tripping.
- 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙇𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙔: The super algorithm intuitively reminds the user of the working time that can be used in this output, not just the remaining electric power and output wattage. This TogoPower A330 portable power station uses 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙈𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙎𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙢 (𝘽𝙈𝙎) to improve battery utilization and extend the battery life through short circuit, overcurrent, overvoltage, overload and overheating protection.
Allwei 300w portable power station is designed as outdoor activities’/emergency power supply. The small size with big capacity (280Wh/78000mAh) can fulfill your needs in a short trip or be used as a emergency power supply. Multiple output ports (AC, USB, Type-c PD 60W and 12V DC) excellently charge most of your devices, including laptops, phones, tablets, mini fans, mini coolers, drones, LED lights, cameras, CPAP machines, etc. Convenient 4 ways of recharging (solar panel, wall charger, car charger, gas generator) can get juice back easily.
- Power Your Outdoor Life: Allwei 300w portable power station equipped with EV grade lithium batteries, 2 * pure sine wave AC outlets which providing stable and security 300W power. Clear LCD screen shows all power station operating status easily and timely. Light weight at 6.5 LBS, easy to carry, enjoy a unique outdoors lifestyle.
- Powerful capacity: 2 * AC pure sine wave outlets, regulated car cigarette lighter plug care for mini cooler, 3 * DC ports, 1 * USB-C with fast charging 60W, 2 * USB-A, 1*LED camping light which support four modes, Tent light , Explore Light, Reading Light and SOS Emergency Rescue. The power station can recharge itself and power up to 9 devices. Great camping essentials accessories for CPAP machine, RV, Hiking.
- Multiple Ways to Recharge: ALLWEI portable power station works with MPPT controller, ALLWEI solar panels are available and support fast recharging for power station while traveling or camping. It’s also support charging from AC wall outlet and car lighter plug.
- Outstanding Safety guarantee: ALLWEI portable Power station acquired ETL certifications, with urtra-safe battery management system. Allwei 300 built-in battery management system (BMS) allows you to safely charge your devices that operate at less than 300 watts, such as smartphones, laptops, TVs, lamps, drones, CPAP machine, mini fridges and more small appliances. Full protection of charging and discharging. Automotive grade batteries making your outdoor adventures more wonderful.
- Multiple Charging Outputs: 2 * 110 AC output (300W), 1 * DC output, 2 * QC 3.0 quick charge USB port and 2 * USB ports (2.5A auto), 1 * USB-C PD 3.0 output. It can be quickly charged for your device such as smartphone, tablet, laptop, camera, flashlight, drones, fans, in-car appliances, and CPAP machine etc. This NEXPOW portable power station also comes with USB-C PD 60W that can be charged for your MacBook Pro and iPhone.
- High Capacity: This emergency power bank has 296Wh/300W continuous power, and 500W peak power, It also has 80000mAh battery capacity, and pure sine wave. it’s compact design is powerful enough to meet different kind of demands which can be used for home, travel, camping, etc. The NEXPOW 300w portable power station is very lightweight (Only 7.05lb), and it has soft handle, you can put it in your backpack or car easily, so just take it to place where you need power.
- Unique Design: 1)The battery pack with ac outlet has independent ACDC\USB, which can provide you a simple operation when charging different devices. 2) The LCD display design which can show you the devices’ status in different kind of situation, such as remaining power/charging status/discharging status/AC output status/DC output status.
- 3 charging modes: Nexpow 300w portable power stations equip with a lithium battery pack, it can be charged by the 15-24 volt solar panel. The PD 3.0 in put has 60W maximum speed. It can be charged by AC wall adapter and car charger. Also, the portable power station protects your devices from over-current, over voltage and over temperature, make sure you and your equipment safe.
Enjoyed this Ecoflow river portable power station review? Then be sure to check out the other guide of the Best 300W Portable Power Station.