Are you on the lookout for Seasonic Focus GM550 550W power supply? Founded more than decades back, Seasonic is a reliable name in the market. Its key motive is to supply power to the whole system. This entails processors, motherboard, hard drives, and graphics card. Seasonic presents a long list of various power supplies, all with different features, ideal use cases, and at different prices. Although power supply may not be the thrilling component, essentially it is the most crucial one. Once you hook the PC power supply to a wall socket, it distributes power to the remainder of your computer. For the same, it needs different power cables and connectors. From dozens of power supplies in the market, the following Seasonic Focus GM550 550W power supply review lets you make an informed buying decision.
The upgraded FOCUS GM550 power supply is vital to consider when you are looking for 550W power supply in the market. This is because it possesses reliability, efficiency, and affordability by the Focus series. It is a semi-modular power supply that fits in all ATX systems. Fan control is available in cooling and silent mode. Besides, you get 7 years of warranty.
It is available as a fully modular unit in a compact design. Its footprint is approximately square and small to save the space around. The bundled cables are flexible for hassle-free installation. Moreover, the high-quality connectors are easy to plug and unplug at both ends. So, cable management is simplified. Despite being a standard-sized PSU, it can easily fit in a PC case.
- The 80 PLUS Gold standard suggests reduced energy wastage during the process of power conversion.
- The 140 mm deep lets it easily fit in all ATX systems.
- Being semi-modular, this power supply offers the most universal connections along with facilitating flexibility on the peripherals. So, cable clutter is minimized and airflow is maximized.
- The built-in 120 mm FDB fan is controlled by Seasonic Smart and Silent Fan Control technology (S2FC). This technology optimizes the fan speed as per the system’s needs. Consequently, it leads to quieter operations.
Pros And Cons
Seasonic has been a prominent name on the power supply market for several years. The above Seasonic Focus GM550 550w power supply review highlights that the Seasonic Focus GM550 550w power supplies are economical and also guarantees outstanding performance. They operate consistently to provide constant power to your PC system. What’s more, them are equipped with an efficient fan system for cooling.
What Other 550W Power Supplies Could You Consider?
Check below for similar 550w power supplies to the Seasonic Focus GM550.
- 80 PLUS Gold certified, with 90% (115VAC) / 92% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads.
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow.
- NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready.
- Double Ball Bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation.
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OTP (Over Temperature Protection).
- 100% Japanese Capacitors ensure long-term reliability.
- EVGA ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System eliminates fan noise at low to medium loads.
- Active Power Factor Correction.
- DC-DC Converter improves 3.3V/5V stability.
Built to deliver 80 Plus Bronze with 88% power efficiency, The smart BX1 series is available in 450W – 750W models. Constructed with a 120mm hydraulic bearing fan, Japanese main capacitor and other premium components to help deliver a continuous and stable power output at 40℃, Near silent operation and reliable performance. With an ample 5 year, The smart BX1 550W is able to satisfy the market, where value-oriented users are looking for a new power Supply with all the latest features.
- 80 Plus Bronze – Efficiency up to 88% and optimized for C6/C7 States Ready.
- Multiple Connectors – 24 Pin x 1 / 4+4 Pin x 1 / SATA x 6 / PCI-E x 2 / Peripheral x 4 / FDD x 1.
- Ultra Quiet 120mm Hydraulic Bearing Fan – Featuring a 120mm hydraulic bearing fan with intelligent RPM controls to help superior cooling performance and near silent operation.
- Japanese capacitors – Japanese capacitors provide superb performance and reliability.
- Low Ripple Noise – Ensure excellent power supply stability; keep performance-critical components, such as VGA card, to operate reliably for longer.
- High Amperage Single +12V Rail – Powerful 12V+ single rail supports today’s GPU demands supporting DC to DC design for non-stop usage with stable reliable performance.
- Industrial grade protection – (OPP) Over Power, (OVP) Over Voltage, and (SCP) Short Circuit protections.
If you’re looking to put together a mid-range PC build and you’d like your PSU to have a little pizzazz, then CORSAIR CX-550F RGB is an awesome option. It delivers reliable 80 PLUS Bronze efficient power to your system, alongside vibrant customizable lighting from a 120mm RGB fan boasting eight RGB LEDs and a clean aesthetic. Between its excellent performance, modular cables, and attractive design, it’s one of the best PSUs for gaming you can pick up right now for mid-range builds.
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency provides up to 88% operational efficiency, generating less heat and lowering your energy costs.
- Control RGB lighting at the push of a button, with ten preset lighting modes for eight individually addressable RGB LEDs built into a 120mm RGB fan.
- Connect to a CORSAIR iCUE RGB Lighting Controller (sold separately) or motherboard via the included 5V ARGB adapter for advanced RGB lighting control.
- A dedicated optimized fan curve is specially calculated to keep noise levels down.
- Supports Microsoft Modern Standby sleep mode for extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.