Seasonic PRIME TX-850
Easy to install9.6/10
Quality of material8.0/10
Value for money8.0/10
- Delivers a steady stream of power to PC
- Excellent cable management and appealing aesthetic
- Enough space in the bag for spare cables
- Includes power supply jumper to test power supply
- The cable length is a tad short
Are you on the lookout for Seasonic Prime TX-850 850W power supply? Founded more than decades back, Seasonic is a reliable name in the market. Its key motive is to supply power to the whole system. This entails processors, motherboard, hard drives, and graphics card. Seasonic presents a long list of various power supplies, all with different features, ideal use cases, and at different prices. Although power supply may not be the thrilling component, essentially it is the most crucial one. Once you hook the PC power supply to a wall socket, it distributes power to the remainder of your computer. For the same, it needs different power cables and connectors. From dozens of power supplies in the market, the following Seasonic Prime TX-850 850W power supply review lets you make an informed buying decision.
Seasonic Prime TX-850 850W Power Supply
You may be looking for a power supply that boasts outstanding performance and ultra-high efficiency. If yes then this Seasonic Prime TX-850 850W power supply is a decent choice for you. It is an 80 PLUS Titanium power supply that is widely used for high-performance systems and gaming setups. The excellent performance is resultant of Seasonic’s constant dedication to innovation.
In fanless mode, the power supply guarantees silent performance. This is achieved with the premium hybrid fan control. This control button is located at the rear of the unit. With this button, you can adapt the cooling process by choosing between Seasonic S2FC and S3FC mode. The S2FC denotes fan control without fanless mode whereas S3FC denotes fan control with fanless mode.
The fully modular cables are in all black. They appear classic and also color coding is useful for the identification and orientation of connectors.
- The 80 Plus Titanium standard makes sure energy wastage is less during the power conversion.
- The micro tolerance load regulation works under 0.5 %. It suggests that the outstanding electrical performance and stability allow this power supply to perfectly work for high-performance systems.
- The ‘Full modular’ feature indicates that you only need to use the cables for reducing cable clutter and enhancing airflow.
How To Pick The Best Seasonic Power Supply?
To avoid wastage of time and effort, the following section presents you the important considerations for choosing a Seasonic power supply.
1. Power wattage
The foremost question that may arise when buying any PSU is what wattage is required. The discussed PSUs from Seasonic come with power wattage ranging from 450W to 1300W. If you want to power a small PC system then a PSU with low power wattage will suffice. Conversely, if you want to power up a high-performance PC system usually used for commercial applications then consider a PSU with very high wattage output.
If you don’t intend to use a video card then a PSU with a 150-300W rating is suitable. On the other hand, if your system encompasses video cards then a 500-550W rated PSU can be a good choice. This is because the video card will itself consume more than 150W. For high-end cards, you will need a PSU with a 700+W power rating.
Along with considering power wattage rating, you also need to consider the headroom. Minimum headroom of 20% is recommended. For example, if your PC components consume 300W then you can consider a PSU with at least a 400W power rating.
2. Power efficiency
The key intention behind buying a Seasonic PSU is to deliver efficient power output to a PC system. This is why it is a prominent aspect to consider in the present Seasonic prime tx-850 power supply review. This brand presents its top-notch PSUs in five 80 Plus levels. They are namely 80 Plus, 80 Plus Bronze, 80 Plus Silver, 80 Plus Gold, and 80 Plus Platinum. Each of these levels presents varying power efficiencies at different operating load conditions. Therefore, you need to meticulously check the 80 Plus level and choose the PSU that best suits your needs. Keep in mind that the efficient Seasonic PSUs operate quietly.
For plenty of people who build their own PC systems, aesthetics perform a significant role in the process of component selection. You may find RGB power supplies and some aesthetically elegant power supplies.
The key thing to focus on when it comes to aesthetics is cabling. An aesthetically appealing PSU comes with color-coordinated components. This makes sure the cable management is clean. Moreover, all the components within the case can be showcased nicely in a transparent side panel. If you are buying a modular PSU, you can exchange the cabling for custom sleeving.
Seasonic has been a prominent name on the power supply market for several years. The above Seasonic Prime TX-850 power supply review highlights that the Seasonic Prime TX-850 850w power supplies are economical and also guarantees outstanding performance. They operate consistently to provide constant power to your PC system. What’s more, them are equipped with an efficient fan system for cooling.
What Other 850W Power Supplies Could You Consider?
Check below for similar 850W power supplies to the Seasonic Prime TX 850.
1. Corsair RM850x Power Supply
Corsair RM850x series power supplies are built with the highest quality components to deliver 80 PLUS Gold efficient power to your PC. Using Japanese 105 Degree C capacitors, users can depend on an RM850x PSUs’ long life and reliability, backed by a ten year warranty. Zero RPM Mode means an RM850x series PSU is virtually silent at low and medium loads, and even at maximum power, a low noise fan ensures quiet operation. Fully modular cables make PC builds and upgrades easy, as you only need to install the cables your system requires. Quiet, efficient and dependable, an RM850x PSU has everything you need to power your high performance PC for years to come.
- 80 Plus Gold certified for lower power consumption, less noise and cooler temperatures.
- For maximum cooling surface area and performance.
- Zero RPM fan mode for near silent operation at low to medium loads.
- Continuous output rated temperature: 50°C.
- 100 percent industrial grade, 105°C rated Japanese capacitors ensure unwavering power and reliability.
- Fully modular cables, so you only connect the cables your system needs.
- Fan size is 5.3 inches.
- iCUE Compatibility: No.
- Modern Standby Compatible: No.
2. EVGA Supernova 850 GT 850W Power Supply
- 80 PLUS Gold certified, with 90% (115VAC) / 92% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads.
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow.
- 100% Japanese Capacitors ensure long-term reliability.
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan for ultra-quiet operation and increased lifespan.
- Auto ECO Mode to ensure silent operation under low to medium loads with no configuration necessary.
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and Dual OTP (Over Temperature Protection).
- EVGA 7 Year Warranty and Customer Support.
3. MSI MPG Series A850GF Power Supply
MSI MPG Series A850GF gaming power supply is backed by a 10-year limited warranty, guaranteeing long term reliable operation. Aiming for unwavering product quality and performance stability, the MPG gaming power supply comes with 100% Japanese 105° C capacitors and solid capacitors. Organizing cables is often the most bothersome part of building a PC. With the MPG gaming power supply’s fully modular design, it means that only the connectors required by the build need to be used, significantly reducing cable clutter and simplifying the system’s overall build.
- 80 Plus Gold Certified: The 80 PLUS Gold certification promises lower energy consumption and higher efficiency.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty: MSI MPG Series A850GF is backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
- 100% Japanese 105°C Capicitors: MPG gaming power supply comes with 100% Japanese 105° C capacitors and solid capacitors.
- Full Modular Design: Use only the connectors required by the build.
- Flat Black Cables: Thanks to the flat cables, the entire system can be more organized and has more room for unobstructed airflow.
- Fitting Dimensions: The MPG gaming power supply’s 160mm-long and 150mm-wide dimensions ensure a comfortable and easy fit in most PC cases.
|Input Current||115Vac/10.0A max. 230Vac/5.0A max.|
|Input Frequency||47Hz ~ 63Hz|
|Efficiency||Up to 90% (80 Plus Gold)|
|Fan Type||FDB Bearing|
|PFC Type||Active PFC|
|Protection||OCP / OVP / OPP / OTP / SCP / UVP|
|Dimension||150mm x 160mm x 86mm|
4. ASUS ROG Strix 850W Power Supply White Edition
ASUS ROG Strix 850W is multiple voltage compatible, that voltage arrange is 100-240V. White edition design include a white case, modular cables, stickers, and magnets. The integrated ROG heatsinks have 2x more volume than traditional designs, resulting in significantly lower temperatures inside Strix PSUs. This extends the lifespan of components and allows 0dB operation for a longer duration than standard designs. The heatsinks are so effective that fan noise stays whisper quiet, even under full load.
- ROG heatsinks cover critical components. Lower temps result in a longer lifespan and reduced noise.
- Axial-tech fan design features a smaller fan hub that facilitates longer blades and a barrier ring that increases downward air pressure.
- Dual ball fan bearings can last up to twice as long as sleeve bearing designs.
- 0dB Technology lets you enjoy light gaming in relative silence.
- An 80 Plus Gold Certification is the result of Japanese capacitors and other premium components.
- Cosmetic customization is enabled by a magnetic logo and stickers that help you reskin the visible side to your liking.
- Fully modular cables keep your rig neat and tidy.
- 10-year warranty included.
5. Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W Power Supply
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W model is built to deliver 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. It features a 140mm hydraulic bearing fan, Japanese capacitors and other premium components to help deliver a continuous and stable power with an ambient temperature up to 50°C, while near silent operation and reliable performance are. With an ample 10-year, the Toughpower GF1 is able to satisfy the enthusiasts’ needs, where they are looking for a premium power supply with all the latest features.
- 80 plus gold and Intel C6/C7 States ready: Deliver up to 90% efficiency, Gf1 Series optimized to work with all generations of Intel’s processors to achieve maximum energy saving.
- Ultra quiet 140mm hydraulic Bearing fans: Self-lubricated hydraulic Bearing PWM fan superior cooling performance and near silent operation.
- Smart zero fan: Auto-regulated fan speed based on power consumption for a quiet and efficient operation. Fan works only when PSU work load goes over 30%. a switch At the back of the PSU can be turned off to have the fan spun constantly.
- 16AWG wires: Upgraded CPU/PCI E main cables (16AWG wires) for high end enthusiasts’ Pcs.
- Japanese capacitors: 100% High quality 105°C (221°F) Japanese capacitors offer the highest stability, durability, and reliability.
- Zero cable platform: Daughterboards are directly soldered to the Motherboard for better heat dissipation and impressive output power quality.
- Less than 30 mV low ripple noise: Low ripple ensures excellent performance and keeps performance-critical components, such as high-end graphic card, operating reliably longer.
- Strict voltage regulation: <2% Voltage regulation for major rails to meet the highest performance, compared to Intel’s standard 5%.
- High amperage single plus 12V rail: Ensures a stable and reliable supply to other PC components.
- Industrial protections: (UVP) Under Voltage protection, (OVP) Over Voltage protection, (SCP) short circuit protection, (OPP) over Power Protection, (OTP) over temperature protection, and (OCP) Over current protection.
Seasonic Prime TX 850 is probably one of the best 850W PSUs available on the market today. It features outstanding performance, ultra-high efficiency, dead silent operation, nice looks and a generous 12-year warranty. The only problem is that it’s pricey, but in this case you get what you pay for. Improved low-load efficiency, highly suppressed ripple noise are just some of the characteristics that set Seasonic prime TX-850 apart from other power supplies on the market.
Enjoyed this Seasonic Prime TX 850 review? Then be sure to check out our other guides of the Best 1200W Power Supply and the Best 650W Power Supply.